We store cookies on your device to make sure we give you the best experience on this website. I'm fine with this - Turn cookies off
Switch to an accessible version of this website which is easier to read. (requires cookies)

Covid 19: Support for Businesses and Individuals

March 27, 2020 9:14 AM

Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save LivesThese are uncertain times for many and the following websites may be of use to businesses and individuals concerned for the future.

Check your rights concerning being laid off or put on short time working here: https://www.gov.uk/lay-offs-short-timeworking

How to get help if you are self employed can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/…/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-…

Government guidance for employers and businesses can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/…/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-…

Government measures announced to support businesses can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/…/guidan…/covid-19-support-for-businesses

There is also a government Business Support Helpline:

Business Support Helpline (England)
Telephone: 0300 456 3565
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm

Support for those affected by Covid 19 can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/…/support-for-those-affected-by-covid-19…

See if you are eligible for Universal Credit here: https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

The Citizens Advice Bureau are a great source of information concerning benefits eligibility and the help available to individuals: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Information concerning the closure of schools can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/…/closure-of-educational-settings-inform…

Advice from Devon County Council can be found here: https://www.devon.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-in-devon/

Information from South Hams District Council can be found here: https://www.southhams.gov.uk/…/Coronavirus-latest-informati…

You can apply for a Council Tax reduction here: https://www.southhams.gov.uk/…/Low-Income-Council-Tax-Reduc…

You can apply for district council's Exceptional Hardship Fund here: https://www.southhams.gov.uk/DHP

Your Member of Parliament is able to assist you with problems related to central government services and bodies, such as benefits, pensions, national insurance, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions; immigration and other problems dealt with by the Home Office and tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs. They can also advocate on your behalf to organisations such as housing associations, banks, transport and utility companies for example. You can contact your MP here: https://www.writetothem.com/